Contact me today to get started
Call (937) 321-9794 or email me at Tracy.Hunt@turninginwardllc.com to schedule an appointment. Afternoon and evening appointments are available!
Welcome, and thanks for stopping by!
I provide counseling for children, teens, and adults who wish to make changes in their lives that are long-lasting and positive. I provide a compassionate, non-judgmental approach to counseling. I work with clients in a safe atmosphere of acceptance that promotes healing and deepens understanding.
I have experience working with a diverse range of individuals, children, teens, young and older adults with various difficulties. People from all walks of life and backgrounds are respected and welcomed in my practice.
Licensing, Payment & Privacy Info
The per session fee is $80 and payable at each appointment, I do not accept insurance. Payment can be made by cash or check payable to Turning Inward, LLC. Sessions last 45-50 minutes.
Online License Verification (https://elicense.ohio.gov/oh_homepage)
Turning Inward, LLC's NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES.
Tracy Hunt, MSEd, LPC
I graduated from the University of Dayton in 2007 with a Masters Degree in Community Counseling. I am a past board member of Oak Tree Corner Center for Grieving Children, and served for five years at Oak Tree Corner facilitating grief support groups and orienting new families to the center. While in graduate school, I did a counseling practicum at Samaritan Behavioral Health in Dayton where I worked with children and their families, and my counseling internship at Antioch College in Yellow Springs working with college students the year before the college closed. Following graduate school, I worked for the State of Ohio in vocational rehabilitation where I helped people with disabilities attain employment, and I was a civilian employee for the United States Air Force for over seven years.
I enjoy volunteer service and have served in support of many causes including SICSA, AmeriCorps-Ohio Reading Corps, Ohio Reads, Project Read, Civilian Health Promotion Services, Junior Achievement, The Friends of the Dayton Metro Library, and The Oaks of West Kettering. I am also a registered bone marrow donor with Be The Match.
In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my partner, Karl, and our pets (1 dog and 1 cat). I also enjoy riding my bike, going for hikes, and playing tennis, Frisbee, and volleyball.
Trainings & Memberships
Staying current in the field of counseling is important to provide the best services to clients. Some of the recent trainings I’ve completed are below:
- PESI, Shame Shields: The Armor We Use to Protect Ourselves and Why It Doesn’t Serve Us
- WSU CEHS Summer Partnership Institute, Mental Health in the Schools
- WSU CEHS Summer Partnership Institute, Developmentally Appropriate Child Guidance: Addressing Disruptive Behavior in the Early Childhood Classroom
- PESI, Grief Counseling: The Best Clinical, Practical and Integrative Skills & Interventions
- PESI, Life After Loss: Contemporary Grief Counseling and Therapy
- Military Child Education Coalition, Supporting Military Children through School Transitions
- The University of North Texas, Online Continuing Education in Near-Death Experiences
- C.G. Jung Assn of the Miami Miami Valley, Images and Archetypes: A Path to a Deeper Knowing
- Florida Community of Mindfulness, Inc., Mindfulness Practices for Healing Childhood Wounds
I am a member of the American Counseling Association and the Military Child Education Coalition.
Located in Washington Township, Ohio Turning Inward, LLC is just minutes from Bellbrook, Centerville, Springboro, West Carrollton, Miamisburg, Miami Township, Kettering, Oakwood, Dayton, Beavercreek, Fairborn, and Xenia. Just a block north of the intersection of S.R. 725 (also known as Miamisburg Centerville Road) and Congress Park Drive